About AnnDyl Policy Group:
The AnnDyl Policy Group is a policy strategy firm comprised of dedicated professionals committed to developing solutions on matters involving energy and the environment. We offer government affairs, policy advising and strategic engagement support to businesses in the energy efficiency and clean energy industries, including technology and financial sector companies, energy trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As a one-stop-shop for policy analysis, advocacy, and business development, we help clients navigate and shape the energy policy environment and find solutions to complex problems at the federal, state, and local level.
About the Position:
The Policy Associate will be called upon to help implement a number of energy policy advocacy campaigns as well as research and drafting articles/testimony/client memos in support of a small but mighty policy team. Your work will be focused on clean energy policy issues, including significant client interests in commercial and residential building energy efficiency.
This is a remote position based in Washington, DC.
Duties will include:
- Conduct in-depth research, assist with interviews, and support drafting of policy reports, one-pagers, and other proposals and advocacy collateral.
- Identify and monitor company-specific policy issues relative to AnnDyl’s clients and perform research and analysis on federal and state policy/regulatory opportunities.
- Track advancement of state and federal bills through the legislative process.
- Support engagement efforts with key stakeholders, legislators, committee members and staff to report on, provide insight and/or update on legislation for clients.
- Attend and serve as note-taker for client meetings, hearings, webinars, and other events as needed.
- Review congressional news sources and draft client update memos.
- Assist in the development of comments and testimony on behalf of our clients before state public utility commissions and track regulatory proceedings.
- Assist in the management and execution of “lobby day” activities including scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and organizing groups and events.
- Be available for meetings in Washington, DC in support of client activities (post-COVID) and represent AnnDyl in meetings and at events.
- Additional activities as determined by the Director of Government Affairs and/or the President & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively. Must be a self-starter.
- Good judgement, professionalism, and ability to demonstrate tact and courtesy in dealing with co-workers, clients, and other external stakeholders.
- Experience in energy efficiency, clean energy, and/or public policy a plus – interest in these subjects a must.
Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@anndyl.com.