Do you want to use your tech savvy, awesome design skills, and website know-how to save energy, cut pollution, and fight climate change? Then, this job is for you.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a dynamic and creative web and visual media manager. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, founded in 1980, that advances energy-saving policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors to build a more equitable and sustainable future for everyone.
Collaborative, team-oriented, and mission-driven, ACEEE is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Staff work at an energetic pace in an entrepreneurial environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
The web and visual media manager oversees the look, design, and function of ACEEE’s three websites and other materials, including publications, graphics, and videos. He/she/they offers innovative and strategic ideas for improving these materials and develops a plan, with cost estimates, to achieve them. The manager may lead, oversee or contribute to a variety of tasks — from a simple blog post correction to a full website overhaul. He/she/they advises and trains staff on Web CMS, content, and design. The manager operates with guidance from the senior director of communications and marketing but also makes decisions independently.
- Manages aceee.org and two smaller websites, including hosting/domain oversight
- Oversees the update of web content and ensures that search/other functions work well
- Oversees graphics, videos, and other digital projects and sets timelines/budgets
- Develops and executes plan to increase interactivity of web content, especially graphics
- Develops and executes plan to make digital content more mobile friendly
- Oversees and maintains websites’ content management systems
- Participates in content development with other staff
- Archives and maintains web files
- Helps prepare annual budgets for web-related needs
- Provides quality control for websites and acts as conduit to digital vendors
- Oversees design and production of print and other materials, including annual report
- Manages copyright permissions
- Provides basic backup support for senior IT manager; training will be provided
- Ability to successfully manage projects, meeting budget and deadline
- Broad knowledge and experience in website design, development and management
- Ability to successfully lead a major operational or administrative function
- Ability to mentor and coordinate work of other staff
- Excellent writing, visual media, and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate technical matter to a non-technical audience
- Ability to brainstorm new approaches and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork-oriented, and strategic
- Knowledge of basic web hosting (Apache) and computer networking (DNS, DHCP)
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Dreamweaver)
- Proficiency in MS Office and in Windows and Mac operating systems
Required experience: At least five years of work experience with websites and visual media, including photos, graphics, and videos.
Preferred start date: On or about November 1, 2020, based in Washington, DC (with remote work during COVID-19 pandemic). Job closes October, 19, 2020.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $49,000 — $83,000. ACEEE’s generous benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; public transit and bike share benefits; three weeks of vacation in the first year and four weeks thereafter.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and links to two or three examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Web and Visual Media Manager” in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.