Are you highly organized, detailed-oriented, tech savvy, and adept at writing? Are you passionate about protecting the environment? Then this job is for you. The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a nonprofit research organization, seeks a dynamic research program assistant.
ACEEE develops policies to reduce energy waste and mitigate climate change. Its independent analysis advances investments, programs, and behaviors that use energy more effectively and help build an equitable clean energy future.
Collaborative, team-oriented, and mission-driven, ACEEE is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and integrating equity into our research and policy efforts. Staff work at an energetic pace in an entrepreneurial environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
ACEEE is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to assist with administrative duties and general office tasks.
The research program assistant helps ACEEE’s senior directors and program directors coordinate daily research activities and outreach. The assistant carries out administrative tasks at the direction of the Senior Director of Research and the Senior Director of Policy and may also have some independent responsibilities. This position reports to the Senior Director of Research.
The position will provide a rich learning experience for an individual who is interested in gaining knowledge on energy efficiency, clean energy, and decarbonization. The individual will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of research projects and directly interact with many subject matter experts and policymakers. The assistant will also have the opportunity to further develop research, communication, and administrative skills.
Essential Functions/Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Schedule internal and external meetings, prepare meeting agendas and materials, and take meeting minutes
- Assist in managing paperwork (e.g., research proposals, planning, etc.) and maintain staff bios and resumes
- Work with the editorial team to track the progress of research projects and publications and manage reviewer feedback surveys
- Help track ACEEE’s interactions with key external partners and assist in relationship management using Salesforce
- Serve as a liaison to the Research Advisory Board and produce a quarterly research update for the Research Advisory Board and key partners
- Support the research teams in coordinating external stakeholder/collaborator meetings
- Provide backup support for the executive assistant
- Conduct occasional online research
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks independently
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Tech-savvy quick learner, especially high level of comfort using Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Zoom, and other software tools to improve productivity and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working closely with people in leadership positions (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Preferred Start Date: On or about February 2022. This position is based in Washington, DC.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $40,419 – $50,524 and includes ACEEE’s generous benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; transportation and bike share benefits; 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and 4 weeks thereafter.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and use “Research Program Assistant” in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls or emails about the position.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.