TRC is seeking a Trade Ally Outreach Manager to join our team located in Portland, OR. We are looking for an outgoing and technically skilled candidate with electric and natural gas energy systems (HVAC, water heating, motors, etc.) experience to support a small/medium/large business focused program throughout the state of Oregon and SW Washington. The ideal candidate will use their understanding of commercial energy systems to build and maintain relationships with manufacturers, distributors, and installers of energy systems throughout Oregon and SW Washington. The position will lead a small team of trade ally outreach staff focused on the adoption of energy efficient technologies, correct use of those technologies, and participation in client-sponsored incentive programs.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Outreach and regional travel -- estimated at 50% of the time (pending COVID-19 health regulations) -- to connect with installation contractors, manufacturers, distributors, and trade associations throughout Oregon and SW Washington. The position will require the use of a personal vehicle. Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Providing mentoring and training to diverse contractors (Trade Allies) on client-sponsored program requirements, energy efficient technologies, sales of high-efficiency equipment, and installation best practices.
- Promoting client-sponsored incentive programs to increase adoption of efficient HVAC, motors, water heating, and other energy savings technologies.
- Creating, evolving and educating on protocols to help Trade Allies and customers adhere to energy efficiency program requirements.
- Leading a small group of trade ally outreach staff. Role will include setting team performance goals, providing direction on program needs, updating on program changes, and troubleshooting challenges.
- Being comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, challenging, and engaging environment.
We are looking for a person with a wide range of skills including the ability to build and maintain lasting industry relationships and who has a deep technical understanding of energy savings technologies. Ideal candidates will have most of the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years proven experience in working in the sales, account management, marketing project management and/or with utilities or energy contracting firms
- Technical knowledge in lighting, mechanical, utility systems, energy efficiency programs, and/or building systems
- Proven experience leading and managing diverse teams towards achieving a common goal
- Superior organization, communications and interpersonal skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to learn and operate TRC/client designed customer relationships management (CRM) systems
- An in-depth, working knowledge of commercial energy savings technologies -- HVAC, motors, water heating, etc.
- A high energy, self-starter with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and experience conversing with commercial contractors
- Knowledge and familiarity of energy efficiency measures and experience with utility programs
- Previous experience conducting and/or supporting webinars or in-person trainings with a focus on energy savings technologies
- Knowledge of local laws and relevant building and energy conservation codes
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus, but not required
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled