TRC is seeking a Trade Ally Outreach Coordinator to join our diverse team located in Portland, OR. We are looking for an outgoing and relationship-focused candidate to support a small/medium/large business focused program throughout the state of Oregon and SW Washington. The ideal candidate will have a high-level understanding of commercial building systems and the ability to review completed projects against scopes of work for accuracy. The position will work with a network of contractors and distributors to educate on program offerings, assist with projects and workforce development opportunities, and provide guidance on technical program requirements.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Communicate Program services via email, phone, and in-person meetings and presentations (as COVID-19 allows) with diverse contractors, distributors, and trade associations.
- Train existing contractor network on program offerings and services, energy-efficiency technologies, and installation expectations to meet program requirements.
- Work with account management team to assist with on-going projects and support project completions through timely post-install project verifications where appropriate.
- Actively engage and support trade groups and organizations to promote benefits of program participation and contractor network enrollment.
- Outreach and travel within territory using personal vehicle. Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
Ideal candidates will have most of the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree is preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in sales, account management, utility/energy-efficiency, or skilled trade field.
- Technical knowledge in mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, refrigeration, weatherization, and/or building systems preferred.
- Superior organization and follow-through ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A high energy, self-starter with excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to learn to use proprietary customer relationships management (CRM) systems.
- Experience conducting and/or supporting webinars or in-person trainings with a focus on energy savings technologies.
- Knowledge of local laws and relevant building and energy conservation codes a plus.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus, but not required.