Energy Solutions is hiring a Regulatory Product & Policy Sr. Associate who will serve a critical role on Energy Solutions’ Products and Strategy Team. Within Products and Strategy there are several teams including Policy & Strategy and Product Development. This role is cross-cutting across these two teams.
For the Policy & Strategy team, the Regulatory Product & Policy Sr. Associate will be responsible for developing and managing Energy Solution’s strategy for engaging with and advancing priority policy initiatives in the energy sector. On the Product Team this individual will coordinate product efforts, drive roadmap development and execution, and be consistently engaged with the P&R team on efforts of product and market development.
The ideal candidate will have a background in environmental policy and a track record in engaging with regulatory proceedings and advancing legislation at the state and federal level. Previous experience and relationships with NGOs and companies in the energy sector, as well as an understanding of key stakeholders in congress and the federal government is preferred. A strong candidate would also bring experience in project and product management and be capable of coordinating large groups of internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies to maximize impact and fruitfully engage in regulatory proceedings and policy advocacy, identifying and engaging with external partners, and building and managing internal systems and best practices
- Reading and briefing internal stakeholders at various levels on select proceedings and legislative efforts, coordinating the company’s response (where relevant), and managing the contributions of key SMEs within the company
- Owning the Policy & Ratings product portfolio and collaborating with department leadership and the Associate Director of Product & Strategy to drive ongoing innovation within the domain
- Researching and developing new client services; this person is responsible to driving current initiatives & existing products in the areas of appliance standards, building codes, energy modeling, lifecycle analysis, and decarbonization reach codes
Examples of specific tasks include:
- Read through and develop briefings on specific policy proceedings
- Manage coordination with NGOs and allies
- Support development of processes and frameworks
- Collaborate with P&R leadership to confirm product priorities and consulting support
- Build and maintain P&R product roadmap for new products and product enhancements
- Facilitate the completion of documentation and exercises throughout the product development process
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to provide sales collateral and go-to-market support for select regulatory services and products
- Support the testing/piloting of new products or product enhancements in the regulatory advising space
- Assist on conducting P&R client voice-of-customer work
- Knowledge and relationships with NGOs, government agencies, and other companies in the energy and climate sector
- Familiarity with a range of policy strategies and proposals addressing decarbonization of the energy sector, including tax credits, incentives, standards, infrastructure investment, and market rules
- Strong writing, critical thinking, and analytical abilities. Able to produce excellent written communications for internal and external audiences
- Strong program management skills; product management skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and (optionally) Tableau and Salesforce
- Comfort with being flexible as the organization grows, individual roles shift, and decision processes evolve
- Applicants should be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and two weeks must have passed since the final dose before you will be able to work from our office
All employees & guests to wear masks upon entry, along with careful sanitation/cleaning procedures followed in accordance with guidelines instructed by the CDC. Additional safety measures include ensuring masks and disposable gloves are available at all offices, providing hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes, adjusting within the office to ensure social distancing is maintained, and managing staggered schedules.
Our downtown Oakland, California office is BART-accessible. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply for this position, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.