Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position will provide technical support to NEI project teams and directly to clients; as well as providing mentorship and coaching to a growing engineering department. This is a unique opportunity for someone with significant experience in building mechanical systems, HVAC design, and energy efficiency, as well as proven management skills to take on increasing responsibility over time for successful technical delivery of NEI services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for Passive House, LEED, and other green building projects;
- Conduct ASHRAE II audits of existing HVAC, plumbing, and control systems;
- Create conceptual designs for efficiency upgrades;
- Provide technical support to a team of Energy Modelers; and
- Assist with the development of remote monitoring systems.
- Help supervise, train and develop a team of Energy Engineers and Modelers;
- Develop standard operating procedures for energy audits and project design review;
- Assist with preparing and managing budgets; and
- Support marketing and business development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; Advanced degree and/or Professional Engineering license a plus
- 8+ years experience in energy efficiency consulting, evaluation of building mechanical systems, and HVAC design
- Knowledge of building science; familiarity with building construction a plus
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience
- Professional designations related to efficiency and green buildings
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and building and engineering design programs
- Physical abilities to inspect all aspects of buildings
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salaries with excellent benefits
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining your fit for this position to email@example.com (please put “Senior Energy Engineer” in the subject line)