At Energy Solutions we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 25 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Our turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable distributed energy resources; promote market development for beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national levels.
Because of our focus on the market, our innovative products scale quickly and often deliver the majority of our clients’ energy savings.
How do we do it? We look at the market end-to-end to target the best new technologies, work with key partners in the supply chain for seamless adoption, and then help governments and our market partners set rules that require people to use these beneficial technologies.
Why do we do it? Simply put, our market-based products deliver environmental and resource solutions that are better for business and better for society.
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager to join our codes and standards team. The person selected to fill this position will leverage experience in technical project portfolio management, stakeholder engagement, project and team management, and knowledge of building energy technologies. Experience in (one or more) HVAC, water heating, envelope, lighting, water efficiency, demand response, distributed generation, electrification, data analytics, and related technology solutions is desired to realize large scale energy savings and greenhouse gas emissions reductions. Previous experience working with building energy codes, and building energy simulation software is desirable.
As a member of the Energy Solutions team you will have a broad impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities, city and state governments, and other national leaders in energy efficiency policy. This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions’ mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in California and beyond.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall direction, management, quality control and completion of project deliverables
- Manage project teams including subcontractors
- Design and implement multiple projects
- Develop and manage the scope, budget, and schedule of multiple complex projects with minimal oversight
- Monitor project progress and communicate updates to clients and management
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of industry trends, technology, and other market changes that impact project work
- Lead aspects of proposal content development efforts
- Develop or review energy savings, cost-effectiveness, market, and technical analyses to support code change proposals
- Support staff development and management including: identifying individuals for key positions, ensuring accountability and compliance, and defining professional growth and development
- A minimum of eight years of work experience (graduate school years applicable)
- A minimum of six years project management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in an energy-related or policy-related discipline including: environmental, electrical, chemical, or mechanical engineering; public policy; or economics degrees
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with clients and to serve as the primary point of client contact on complex projects
- Building science background; technical experience in the field of lighting, HVAC, demand response, distributed generation, data analytics, and related technology solutions
- Experience with energy codes such as Title 24, ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, and/or specification development
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to anticipate risk and develop risk mitigation strategy proposals
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office (Office365, SharePoint, OneNote)
- Ability to work, drive, and thrive juggling many activities and communications
- Willingness to conduct occasional business travel
Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE.