Job Title: Senior Energy Center Tech Specialist
Requisition ID # 47784
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
The PG&E Energy Centers are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist – New Whole Building Coordinator (hereafter referred to as Coordinator).
The Coordinator manages a segment of training and educational resources focused on improving energy performance in new commercial buildings in California. This segment is referred to as the New Whole Building curriculum track. The Coordinator will work with internal and external stakeholders, subject-matter experts, WE&T team members, and external instructors to develop, manage, and deliver WE&T training on topics including but is not limited to building science fundamentals, building envelope, daylighting, zero net energy, energy modeling, renewables, decarbonization and other related topics The coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing external instructors responsible for development, enhancement, and delivery of a wide breadth of new and existing training programs. Additionally, the Coordinator will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, contract management, and other administrative tasks related to this track.
The Coordinator’s responsibilities also include providing high-level consultations for customer’s new commercial construction projects as well as PG&E or statewide programs serving the commercial segment and/or end users. The Coordinator collaborates with partners throughout the state to achieve PG&E's and California's energy efficiency goals through outreach and collaboration with other training organizations. The Coordinator will also assist other WE&T Technical Specialists (Coordinators) with New Construction-related topics on an as-needed basis. Ideally the Coordinator possesses the unique talents to identify and train others in the commercial sector on the technical, efficiency, and energy code requirements of new construction in a customer focused team setting. The Coordinator must be dedicated to good design, energy efficiency and practical solutions that meet the occupants' energy and comfort needs.
- Undergraduate degree in architecture, construction, building science, energy, public policy, education, instructional design, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of the time.
- 4 years of relevant experience in the commercial sector performing energy efficient design, construction, inspection/testing/diagnostics or related activity.
- Valid California driver’s license required or the ability to obtain one prior to start date.
- Demonstrable work experience in an applicable commercial design or engineering field.
- Thorough understanding of commercial new construction related terminology, technology, practice and building and energy codes.
- Familiarity with current architectural technologies and their implementation, including but not limited to building science fundamentals, building envelope strategies, daylighting, zero net energy, energy modeling, renewables, decarbonization, and other related topics.
- Familiarity with emerging strategies related to zero net energy (ZNE), zero net carbon (ZNC), decarbonization and electrification, particularly in a California setting.
- Experience working with commercial developers, builders, code compliance officials, contractors and installers in a variety of trades.
- Knowledge of California's Title 24 Part 6 Energy Standards.
- Experience working with PG&E or other utility energy efficiency, demand response or distributed generation programs.
- Advanced degree in building science related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in developing, designing, and teaching technical curricula.
- Demonstrated experience applying adult learning principles in formal or informal professional education and training settings.
- Strong visual presentation graphics skills and demonstrated experience in delivering effective presentations to peers, stakeholders and leadership both in person and remotely (e.g. calls, webinars).
- Excellent communication, writing, speaking, and customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of engagement with a geographically dispersed team or audience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint .
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical techniques to complex tasks, such as with financial forecasting, budget analysis, and training performance indicators.
- Ability to plan and execute a project while balancing multiple goals on a team.
- Architectural License, AIA Membership, LEED Accreditation NCARB Certificate, CSI Certification, PMP Certification or similar certification.
- Update the New Whole Building curriculum with strategies to improve the uptake of energy efficiency education and resources among the commercial design and construction industry.
- Maintenance and delivery of New Whole Building related education curriculum, including a mutually agreed upon teaching schedule, as well as recruiting, onboarding, directing and evaluating third party instructors or consultants.
- Act as an internal consultant to PG&E Energy Efficiency Programs.
- Act as a high-level technical consultant on PG&E customer projects.
- Manage consultant contracts including initiating and managing agreements, approving invoices, forecasting cost, and preparing budgets for quarterly and annual planning.
- Provide tours of the Energy Centers.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of PG&E to the commercial design and construction industry, research, professional, and educational organizations.
- Lead and manage special projects and key initiatives to remain on budget, on time, and within scope
If you are interested in applying, please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=47784&company=C0000161245P&username=