Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus’ Sustainability & Energy Team seeks an Energy Policy Associate to support climate and energy plans and projects. Our team works directly with federal, state, local governments, non-profits, foundations, corporations, and other organizations to develop climate action plans and related strategies and develop and implement renewable energy projects and programs. Through detailed analysis, careful planning, and robust stakeholder engagement, we equip our clients to implement meaningful climate action and achieve their goals.
Associates manage teams across multiple projects to conduct policy evaluation and research; write and edit public reports and presentations; develop and implement climate mitigation and resilience strategies; and perform other technical and policy assistance related to climate action. The ideal candidate will combine climate and renewable energy technical knowledge with exceptionally strong writing, project management skills and prior experience successfully building relationships, writing grants, or conducting other activities akin to proposal writing and business development. The candidate should have knowledge across topics such as local, state, national, and international climate mitigation, and resilience strategies, including GHG accounting and inventories, renewable energy development, energy efficiency, permitting, procurement, financial feasibility assessment, policy development and education/outreach.
- Provide project management and oversight to ensure timely delivery of client deliverables.
- Conduct, and/or manage staff that deliver work (e.g., research, analysis and policy support, report writing and presentation development) across a range of climate energy and mitigation projects.
- Lead development and implementation of trainings, workshops, webinars, reports, and other activities to train others on renewable energy, energy resilience, and climate mitigation.
- Manage technical assistance for local, state, federal and international government staff, policy makers, international development agencies, corporate and/or non-profit clients.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff to enhance existing sustainability and energy service offerings and develop new offerings.
- Support development and execution of business development plans.
- Support expansion and maintenance of key client relationships.
- Help maintain and enhance Cadmus’ reputation through publication and conference presentations.
- Over time, this role may supervise staff as direct reports (including workload management and mentorship on achieving professional goals).
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with a commensurate level of work experience in the energy sector (Masters’ degree and 6 years of relevant experience OR Bachelors’ degree and 8 years)
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Some travel may be required post-COVID.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Experience preferably includes:
o 3+ years in consulting or professional services.
o 3+ years’ experience in the following or similar areas: climate and energy policy, renewable energy markets, solar project development, energy finance, energy regulation
- Demonstrated project management and/or budget management experience, preferably in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Record of publication, presentations, and/or thought leadership activities.
- Experience managing staff and building and leading high-performing teams.
Additional Information: All candidates must submit a resume along with a cover letter and writing sample to be considered.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com