TRC creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America’s energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC provides its services to America’s major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC is seeking a qualified individual to support commercial and industrial energy efficiency and green building programs in Oregon. Projects and responsibilities may include energy efficiency consulting, demand side project and program management, Strategic Energy Management (SEM), building modeling, renewable energy systems, district heating and cooling systems; and energy efficiency measures and calculations. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. The desired candidate will work collaboratively with program staff and clients to promote energy efficiency and green building projects.
The candidate will be presented with the challenge of a diverse range of projects found in commercial and industrial energy systems. The position requires the ability to manage projects, and lead, direct, and coordinate the work of team members (internal and external) of varied backgrounds. This position requires flexibility; diversity of technical expertise; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and excellent customer care skills. The candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The candidate will perform a variety of complicated tasks. This position reports to a member of the senior staff.
The job is located in Portland, Oregon.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) candidates are encouraged to apply. TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within the clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy project management. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply to this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical review for energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Working on a variety of energy saving calculations, strategies and projects.
- Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Utilize energy modeling applications and other simulation techniques to predict benefits from energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Review building models for reasonableness and accuracy and provide comments and recommendations for improvement (if needed)
- Leading and managing the engineering efforts for the SEM program(s).
- Conducting project fieldwork, analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development.
- Managing engineering projects including all aspects of planning, scoping, budgeting, scheduling, deciding technical approach, ensuring technical quality, tracking, and ensuring customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Keeping managers aware of project schedules and progress and providing regular time charging/budget updates as requested.
- Providing technical mentorship to junior engineers and quality control of calculations.
- Staying informed about energy issues and industry trends through regular technical reading and participation in local and national professional organizations.
- Assist in the development of technical standards, protocols and requirements for innovative energy efficiency and green building programs.
- Perform and review facility audits, feasibility studies and reports, related to both program implementation and turnkey projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for energy and green building programs.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment.
- Communicate with contractors and program administrators regarding program requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience within the green building, energy efficiency, building science, or related field is preferred;
- SEM experience is preferred;
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Pacific northwest
- Experience using energy modeling software (e.g. eQuest, Energy Plus, Trane TRACE, etc) and reviewing energy model output reports is a strong plus
- Energy Auditing and retro commissioning experience;
- Knowledge of building systems commissioning, HVAC design, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Experience in the energy field, such as energy efficiency, distributed energy generation, project economics/rate analysis, project design, renewable energy, HVAC, central heating and cooling plants is preferred;
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with energy saving strategies who have experience calculating the associated energy savings in steam, refrigeration, HVAC, lighting systems, turbines, air compressors, motors, and other commercial, institutional, or industrial systems;
- Familiar with commercial building solar and storage applications a plus;
- PE, CEM or LEED AP accreditation is preferred;
- Established analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Established presentation/public speaking skills
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technologies
- Team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
Salary and Benefits
The position is a full time, permanent position. Starting salary range is market competitive, and dependent on qualifications and experience. TRC is an equal opportunity employer, with a benefits package including health insurance, and 401(k).
To apply, please follow the link: Career Site - Self Service (adp.com)