Program Manager –
Energy Efficiency and Supply Chain Engagement
CEE is launching a program in the state of Minnesota that will transform HVAC markets and practices to adopt a highly efficient new product, air-source heat pumps (ASHP). This program will play a key role in our state achieving a clean energy future. We are seeking a persuasive, engaging and well-organized individual to work with HVAC installation contractors, distributors, manufacturers and utilities to collaborate on new ways to increase adoption of energy-efficient technologies – and air-source heat pumps specifically. The candidate will have a passion for driving change for a more energy-efficient and carbon-neutral world and join an organization on the forefront of that work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a unique mix of energy efficiency and HVAC supply chain experience. Additionally, this candidate will have an eye for big picture strategy while also implementing with urgency to achieve big impacts as quickly as possible. A day in the life of this role will include a mix of:
- Meeting with manufacturers, distributors and installers to understand the market and promote the technology;
- Presenting on technology and market potential to supply chain audiences;
- Collaborating internally with the team and utilities to develop resources;
- Pursuing pathways to expand ASHP program opportunities; and
- Performing administrative program management functions.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance as well as a retirement plan.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance. ?
Supply Chain Engagement and Training
- Develop productive working relationships with HVAC contractors, distributors, wholesalers and equipment manufacturers to align market conditions and increase sales.
- Deliver technology presentations to distributor and contractor audiences to increase awareness of the opportunity in the market and technical nuances around the technology
- Work directly with HVAC contractors to understand business models and incorporate a new technology offering.
- Maintain a directory of supply chain contacts and understand market conditions and supply chain business models.
- Lead training curriculum development for installation, program and sales trainings.
- Plan training events including scheduling, partner collaboration and attendee recruitment.
Utility Stakeholder Engagement
- Work with electric utility representatives to develop working relationship and to align programming and coordinate activities.
- Plan and lead utility meetings to deliver results and capture utility feedback.
- Deliver quarterly and annual reports to utility participants
Technology Expertise and Market Intelligence
- Track and understand technology national research to assist in the development of technical best practices. (NEEA, NEEP, Energy Star)
- Become technically adept in HVAC technologies and understand supply chains.
- Gather market intelligence that leads to program strategy development.
- Oversee data collection from utility and market partners to track market trends.
- Oversee quality assurance efforts including performing site inspections and inspection follow up.
Strategy and Program Administration:
- Lead a team of contributors and subject matter experts to successfully launch and sustain a new program.
- Track program activities and impacts to measure against key performance indicators; provide recommendations on program improvements.
- Perform program planning, budgeting, invoicing, contracting and general program management.
- Contribute to existing programs to determine how increased supply chain engagement can enhance program results and implement collaboratively developed strategies.
- Find and pursue opportunities to expand HVAC energy efficiency program work
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have either experience in the HVAC industry or in energy efficiency program management or both. The candidate should have an ability to understand and communicate technical details and build a network of industry contacts to advance program goals. Additionally, candidates should have the ability to work in a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment to move ideas forward; the ability to think strategically and creatively; have clear and effective communications skills for both verbal and written communication; and a passion for achieving success. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or certification in a related field required (Business, HVAC, etc.)
- 3 years’ technical experience in HVAC or energy-efficiency industry required
- 3 years’ experience at HVAC installer, distributor or manufacturer company or with utility energy efficiency programs preferred
- Strong motivation to work in the energy-efficiency field
- Proven track record of presentation delivery and meeting facilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills
- Strong ability to craft clear and compelling deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and on a variety of tasks
- Exceptional project management and the ability to manage risk and prioritize
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Must have reliable transportation to attend meetings, trainings, and off-site events throughout Minnesota, including transportation of materials and equipment as needed. In state travel may account for up to 40% of working hours. As a result of Covid-19, current working conditions are remote from home and supply chain and utility engagement is remote. When safe and prudent, work will transition back to the Minneapolis office and engagement will transition to in person involving the travel needs stated above.
Ability to work in fast paced environment, with a focus on achieving program goals and deadlines.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds as well as carry, push, pull, kneel and squat
Dependent upon qualifications and experience; excellent comprehensive benefits package.
Email or fax cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
Program Manager Position
Center for Energy and Environment
212 3rd Avenue North, Suite #560
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Center for Energy and Environment seeks to enrich the diversity of the CEE community and encourages applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. CEE is long noted for its research, policy advocacy and programming to provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer