Position at Franklin Energy
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Program Manager is primarily for providing leadership on one of our energy efficiency programs. In this hands-on management role, you will oversee energy programs and will work closely with both clients and our energy professionals to achieve client energy efficiency goals and other program objectives. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Develop and implement a plan attract new customer's/trade allies to obtain program objectives
* Provide administrative services plan to develop customer correspondence and application processing
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
* Complete reviews of program applications to ensure adherence to program rules and requirements
* Develop QAQC plan to ensure accurate program results and good evaluation results
* Coordinate with program evaluators to understand evaluation plans and communicate program procedures. Communicate evaluation plans with program staff to ensure understanding and proper procedures
* Manage direct reports and oversee program staff. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work
* Responsible for completely quarterly safety QA/QC audits of staff
* Mentor program personnel in achieving their personal goals annually as well as their long-term development goals.
* Hold program personnel accountable for personal and overall program goals.
* Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, which includes both trade allies and customer outreach/sales.
* Assist training department and reinforce classroom sales training for all direct report field staff.
* Assist training department with reinforcement of classroom training for all direct reports.
* Provide administrative services to develop customer correspondence and application processing
* Complete pre and/or post site visits as needed
* Develop case studies
* Assist the client with idea generation and research on program options
* Manage the utility relationship and serve as an advocate for our client
* Manage a multi-million-dollar budget over multiple years including allocations to labor, expenses, subcontractors, and customer incentives
* Provide day to day leadership to program staff including managing incentive promotions, marketing programs, and assisting team creatively meet the goals of the program
* Monitor and manage program budgets to ensure full utilization of funds while meeting or exceeding energy goals
* Develop and oversee the processing of energy efficiency project paperwork through energy efficiency tracking system
* Be a member of several working groups the will coordinate program with other organizations working in the program
* Prepare monthly invoices and activity reports as required to the client, partner or Franklin Energy management by the requested due date
* Incorporate “best practice” methods of energy efficiency program implementation
* Provide a professional appearance appropriate to represent both Franklin Energy and the utilities
* Lead and attend relevant presentations promoting energy efficiency programs
* Practice effective project management skills in leading this program
* Ensure continuous improvement of operations year after year
* Assist the Regional Manager in meeting all program goals
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree, p Equivalent work experience may be considered
* Minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience including hiring, coaching, performance reviews, and mentoring
* Proficiency in financial management
* Background in engineering, technology or science and experience in working in a technical environment preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing energy efficiency programs - Preferred
* Experience in lighting, HVAC, and other technologies installed in commercial and industrial applications - Preferred
* Technical experience in developing and/or reviewing energy savings calculations to determine paybacks and incentive levels for customers - Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Sales or business development background, A plus
* Proven leadership in fast paced environment
* Detail oriented and have an ability to prioritize workload and delegate appropriate work assignments to staff
* Must be flexible to handle a wide variety of tasks and complete work in a timely fashion in a fast pace environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
* Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
* Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
* Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
* PMP certification - Preferred
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness to travel 40% or more of the time, including some overnight travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
* Noise Level is typically moderate
* Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer