The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a qualified intern to assist its energy efficiency research. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops policies to reduce energy waste and combat climate change. Its independent analysis advances investments, programs, and behaviors that use energy more effectively and help build an equitable clean energy future.
ACEEE’s organizational culture is collaborative, and team oriented with a strong commitment to its mission. Staff work at an energetic pace within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work. ACEEE is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion while integrating equity into our research and policy work.
Attention all environmentally conscious students, are you looking for an exciting paid internship program with real hands-on research experience and networking opportunities in the environmental field? Are you looking for a workplace where you can apply your skills to create positive climate impact? If so, check out ACEEE’s robust internship program. Each summer, ACEEE runs an 8-week program specifically designed for a small cohort of students with a passion for environmental issues and climate change. The research intern will be involved in data collection, literature reviews, analysis, and communications to support ACEEE’s work related to advancing energy efficiency policies and programs at the city, state, and/or utility level. There will be opportunities to engage with relevant stakeholders in the energy efficiency field. The research intern will also collaborate with technical teams on topics such as transportation, buildings, and industry. ACEEE’s internship program also offers significant professional development, networking, and social opportunities to make for a fun and fulfilling summer experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (competencies)
- Highly analytical and attentive to details. The intern will conduct research dealing with complex quantitative and qualitative data; good spreadsheet analysis skills are essential.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. The intern will contribute to research reports, white papers, fact sheets, blog posts, webinars, and presentations.
- Organizational and project coordination skills. The position requires skills in coordinating work on several projects. The intern should also be able to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-starter. The intern must show initiative and be able to work independently.
Specific Responsibilities and Opportunities of the Job
- Contribute to research, policy analysis, data analysis, and technical assistance efforts
- Document research findings and contribute to reports/white papers/summaries and presentations
- Assist with project coordination and support for policy program staff
- Commit to an 8-week summer internship, in-person or virtually
- Be paired to work with an ACEEE staff buddy who will provide hands on guidance
- Current student or recent graduate
- Demonstrated passion for clean energy and environmental issues
- Undergraduate student: $17.5/per hour
- Recent college graduate with BA/BS: $20.00 /per hour
- Recent graduate with MA or similar degree: $23.00/per hour
- At the end of May/early June 2024
How to apply
- Use the link below to apply through the Paylocity Recruitment portal. Be sure to include a cover letter, a resume and (1 page) writing sample. We do not accept phone calls.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.