Position at Franklin Energy
We are looking for a collaborative Junior Graphic Designer to aid in the creation of modern marketing assets and content to support our corporate brand, our clients and their customers. In this role, you will gather visual requirements, design graphic elements, and prepare final artwork for printing and/or distribution. In addition to the creative team, you will be collaborating closely with the innovation, program and corporate marketing teams to ensure our designs are aligned with our client's goals and the company's overall growth strategy. Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing designs that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base. If you thrive when translating requirements to elegant, user-focused design, and seek to quickly build your professional portfolio, this is the job for you.
* Franklin Energy: Franklin Energy delivers flexible energy efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to achieve their highest-priority goals. The company's integrated in-house services and proven software provide deeper personalization and insights, acting as a true partner to utilities. Franklin's NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end technology that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs into a single interface for more efficient management and more effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by more than 1,000 experts in 58 offices across 26 states and provinces. Franklin Energy's award-winning marketing team includes nearly 50 digital and foundational marketing experts, located throughout the Unites States.
* AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation Group has been the utility industry's leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group's product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with marketing team.
* Create both original graphic designs and also produce designs based on established templates. Adhere to client and corporate brand standards in regards to fonts, colors, images and the like. Accountable for preparing completed materials for pre-press (and sending them to the centralized printer) and/or digital distribution.
* Leverage digital workflow tool, document management system and other process improvements to increase efficiency of team and improve work.
* Responsible for ensuring all best practices and processes are followed.
* Accountable for ensuring work is on brief, on brand, on time and of the highest quality.
* Responsible for contributing to a positive, creative, fast-paced and innovative marketing team environment.
* Responsible for creating strong cross-functional relationships within the innovation, marketing and creative teams.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in graphic design or related field.
* Digital marketing experience preferred. Certifications and specialized training a plus.
* 1-3 years related experience, including demonstrated graphic design work, preferred. Experience may be inclusive of internships.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Excellent eye for design, with experience in graphic design best practices. A portfolio with work that demonstrates graphic design capabilities is required for this position.
* Strong communication skills.
* Capable of taking feedback and working with stakeholders to establish and improve approved designs.
* Must be able to handle and prioritize a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
* An understanding of HTML and CSS is a major plus.
* A working knowledge of automated marketing tools such as HubSpot is strongly preferred. HubSpot certifications, especially Design and Growth-Driven Design certifications, a major plus.
* Familiarity with digital workflow tools (e.g., Workfront, InMotion) and digital asset management systems (e.g., Canto) preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
* Valid driver's license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
* Noise Level is typically moderate
* Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer