Position at Franklin Energy
** Now offering a SIGN ON BONUS for qualified candidates!!**
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Energy Specialist is primarily responsible providing excellent customer service while increasing energy efficiency in the homes they visit. Energy Specialists will visit a wide variety of homes with the mission to educate customers on how to reduce their energy consumption through a wide variety of small and large changes. Basic installation of energy saving lighting, water measures and air sealing will be completed while onsite. A basic inspection of the home will be completed that includes inspection of mechanical systems, appliances and general building shell. Post inspection the Energy Specialist will create a report with follow-up task and referrals to further increase the homes energy efficiency. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Deliver professional, high quality services to utility customers
* Complete walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement, attic, and exterior perimeter of building)
* Install energy saving devices including energy efficiency lighting, programmable thermostats and hot water saving devices
* Build quick rapport with utility customers. Initiate conversations with customers regarding energy usage.
* Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates
* Respond to general utility customer service inquiries and explain other energy rebate offerings and services to customers during home visit (Smartmeter, Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling, Lighting and white good rebate programs, on-bill financing, etc.) This could include showing customers short videos on Utility company websites or helping them sign in to their utility account online.
* Assist Marketing team as directed in with participation in larger trade show and seminar events.
* Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery
* Continuously drive improvements in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity
* Accurately complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents, etc.
* Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
* Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
* Assure the cleanliness and organization of Franklin Energy warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
* Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
* Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
* 2-year Associates degree or equivalent experience
One of the following:
* Experience with in-home installation or customer service within any industry.
* Field Sales background
* Residential building construction
* Heating and Air Conditioning System install, sales or service
* Air sealing and building insulation experience
* 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community organizing, or a related field - Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal, interviewing and communication skills.
* Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
* Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
* Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
* Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness to travel less than 75% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
* Noise Level is typically moderate
* Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Location : Charlotte, North Carolina