TRC creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America’s energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC provides its services to America’s major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC is seeking an Energy Program Analyst to support the delivery of a large commercial energy efficiency program (program) in Oregon and SW Washington. Through the program, we deliver technical assistance and cash incentives to customers in commercial facilities to help make electric and natural gas energy efficiency upgrades possible. The primary responsibilities of the Energy Program Analyst are to support a robust analytic and data-driven approach to program design, development, and implementation. Responsibilities include data acquisition and analysis to inform forecasting and reporting on program and market trends, and development and coordination of program innovation initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for energy efficiency technologies and practices, and experience using data to improve program design, services and offerings as a mechanism to accelerate energy efficiency adoption across a broad range of commercial customers. This candidate will also be responsible for providing energy efficiency measure research, planning and market analyses support to the engineering, outreach and marketing teams.
The job is located in Portland, OR
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) candidates are encouraged to apply. TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within the clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy project management. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply to this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance to implementation teams to ensure programs are delivered as designed
- Identifying new program initiatives to generate new opportunities for customers
- Performing analyses to apply data to program design, delivery and continuous improvement
- Evaluating risk and opportunities to optimize services and offers for energy savings and return on investment for customers
- Collaborating with internal engineering, operations, outreach, marketing, and management teams to develop informed program plans
- Supporting standard reporting (monthly, quarterly, annual) and ad-hoc internal and external reporting requests that demonstrate program progress
- Developing and coordinating defined projects
- Providing outstanding customer service and effective communication while addressing detailed requests from customers, clients, and internal team members
- Supporting energy efficiency measure development, long term planning, and implementation of research projects and new initiatives.
- Consulting internal and external program managers to optimize measure offerings for implementation and adoption
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with 4-7 years related experience in EE industry, or equivalent combined experience and education
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of energy program design, economics and statistics
- Strong data analytics and data visualization skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Strong interest in an energy efficiency career through applied research and innovation
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in MS Office tools (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams)
- Self-driven team player with the ability to work effectively independently or collaboratively
- Experience working with utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Enjoys working as part of a diverse team, collaborates effectively, and maintains professionalism under deadline pressure and interruptions
- Experience or familiarity with querying or programming languages, statistical and data presentation software packages such as SQL server, Power BI, Tableau, SPSS, R, or Python
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and communicate progress regularly
- Strong attention to detail and quality; organized and process oriented
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Applied research to inform program design and energy efficiency offers/services
- Experience applying a diversity, equity and inclusion lens in a professional setting
- Proficiency with SQL, GIS and VBA
- Database design and management
- Demonstrated understanding of building and energy codes in the NW
- Demonstrated understanding of cost effectiveness in the NW
Salary and Benefits
The position is a full time, permanent position. Starting salary range is market competitive, and dependent on qualifications and experience. TRC is an equal opportunity employer, with a benefits package including health insurance, and 401(k).
Please follow the link to apply: Career Site - Self Service (adp.com)