TRC, a nation-wide energy consultancy, is seeking an entry level Energy Engineer / Energy Efficiency analyst to join our diverse, growing, and high-performing team located in the Pacific Northwest. The engineer will support the delivery of a large electric and gas utility energy efficiency program throughout the State of Oregon and SW Washington.
This position will be based in Portland, OR
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Perform engineering analysis and technical tasks on energy efficiency projects
- Conducting market research and data analysis to identify program-eligible energy efficiency measures
- Development and maintenance of program-eligible energy efficiency measures. This will involve identifying energy efficient equipment or technologies with high energy savings potential and estimating the energy savings and cost-effectiveness of eligible measures.
- Perform field inspections to verify proper installation of energy efficiency measures
- Provide analysis of building energy use through post-processing of energy model outputs and utility billing data
- Participate in energy design charrettes and propose energy efficient alternatives to design teams
- Produce high-quality technical reports suitable for both technical and lay audiences
- Support the engineering team lead with client and project management
- Build and maintain relationships with energy consultants, architects, developers, and owners
Ideal candidates will have most of the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of two years of related experience
- Technical understanding and/or familiarity with energy systems including mechanical systems, HVAC, refrigeration, weatherization, water heating equipment in buildings
- Experience and/or familiarity with energy audits or walkthroughs and energy efficient equipment is preferred
- Enthusiastic, a self-starter, can work independently as well as in a collaborative, diverse team environment
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrated attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and comfortable with MS Word, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software & systems as needed for day-to-day tasks
- Experience writing technical documents
- Passionate about contributing to long-term energy solutions in the Pacific Northwest area
- Strong organizational, communication (written and spoken), and time management skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled