TRC, a nation-wide energy consultancy, is seeking a mid-level Energy Engineer / Energy Efficiency analyst to join our diverse, growing, and high-performing team located in the Pacific Northwest. The engineer will support the delivery of a large electric and gas utility energy efficiency program throughout the State of Oregon and SW Washington.
This position will be based in Portland, OR
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of program-eligible energy efficiency measures. This will involve identifying energy efficient equipment or technologies with high energy efficiency potential and estimating the energy savings and cost-effectiveness of eligible measures.
- Perform engineering analysis on energy efficiency projects
- Support the work of the engineering team through research and implementation of pilot energy projects such as designing innovative indoor air quality strategies to build resiliency post-COVID or developing energy solutions for low-income communities
- Support the engineering team lead with client and project management
Ideal candidates will have most of the following skills and experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required
- 3-5 years of experience in the energy efficiency field, performing technical/ engineering analysis
- Technical knowledge and understanding of building systems including mechanical systems, HVAC, refrigeration, weatherization, water heating equipment; and familiarity with energy efficiency technologies
- Working understanding of energy systems and technologies in buildings (commercial and/or multifamily).
- Experience and familiarity with energy saving equipment and/or energy efficiency programs
- Experience performing complex & simple engineering analysis and energy savings calculations (and enjoys it!)
- Detailed oriented approach to both engineering work and project management
- Passionate about contributing to long-term energy solutions in the Pacific Northwest area
- Enthusiastic, a self-starter, can work independently as well as in a collaborative, diverse team environment
- Innovative, creative and has a desire to initiate and drive continuous improvements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and comfortable with MS Word, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software & systems as needed for day-to-day tasks
- Experience writing technical documents
- Strong organizational, communication (written and spoken), and time management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing customer demands
Experience in one or more of the areas listed below is desired:
- Energy efficiency measure development
- Energy modeling (eQuest, EnergyPlus, TRACE or similar)
- Statistical analysis
- Evaluation, measurement and verification
- Building energy audits
- Developing and maintaining technical tools and calculators
- Local building and energy conservation codes and laws
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled