At Energy Solutions we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 26 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Our turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable distributed energy resources; promote market development for beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national levels.
Because of our focus on the market, our innovative products scale quickly and often deliver the majority of our clients’ energy savings.
How do we do it? We look at the market end-to-end to target the best new technologies, work with key partners in the supply chain for seamless adoption, and then help governments and our market partners set rules that require people to use these beneficial technologies.
Why do we do it? Simply put, our market-based products deliver environmental and resource solutions that are better for business and better for society.
We are currently seeking a full-time Energy Efficiency Trade Ally Manager to help support our East Coast client base. As a member of the Energy Solutions team, you will have a broad impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for Massachusetts Program Administrators and other national leaders in energy efficiency. This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for an individual who wants to have an active voice in shaping the nation’s energy future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting the development, enhancement, and maintenance of organizational relationships with manufacturers, distributors, contractors, retailers, and large end-users
- Contribute to the development of trade ally and market actor relationships – managing and building out best practice documentation relating to trade ally and market actor relationships
- Travel to trade ally/market actor locations with the goal of driving program performance, building rapport, and solidifying connection(s)
- Serve as a go-to resource and conduit between Energy Solutions program leads and Outreach and Trade Ally Team (OTAT)
- Track market activity and developments to develop in-depth knowledge and ability to accurately predict market activity
- Contribute to and support outreach plans for new programs (program launch) and existing programs
- Analyze program-level participation statistics, market and economic data, and regulatory activity to determine sales potential and monitor performance trends
- Develop familiarity with public data resources and finding relevant to Energy Solutions strategic interests; Report development as appropriate
Skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience or tenure in related position(s)
- A technical bachelor’s degree in an energy-related discipline preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent business acumen and communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and present in primary role
- Familiarity with the HVAC, lighting, food service technology and/or work experience from an HVAC contractor, distributor, or manufacturer preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Salesforce to track activity
- Willingness to conduct frequent business travel regionally and occasional travel to west coast
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment.