Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
We seek a candidate to join our analytics team supporting Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure group. As a member of our team you will work with utilities and energy providers to create sustainable, resilient communities and infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to perform a wide range of analytics-related activities including evaluating decarbonization, electrification, energy efficiency, load management, renewables, EVs, and energy storage programs. You will be responsible for leading analytics projects from end-to-end, from scoping through to successful delivery including the development and execution of the analytical approach, and development and management of teams, budgets, and schedules. The successful candidate will have industry experience in energy, utilities, analytics, and program evaluation.
- Four to eight years of experience with evaluation or research projects in the energy industry
- Industry experience with utilities, energy efficiency, demand response, program evaluation
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, clients, teams and individuals
- Master’s (or Bachelor’s with significant work experience) in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other analytics fields
- Understanding of one or several programming languages, such as R (and R’s “Tidyverse” packages), Python, SQL
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to simply convey complex concepts
- Highly developed organizational and time-management skills
- High degree of self-confidence and determination; ability to self-teach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide guidance, coaching, training
- Academic background and/or practical experience in big data analysis
- Experience with web-based data viewers (PowerBI, Shiny R, and/or Spotfire)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program