TRC Companies creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America’s energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC Companies provides its services to America’s major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC Advanced Energy is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to support commercial and industrial energy efficiency and demand management programs in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. Responsibilities may include energy analysis, site inspections, energy auditing, technical reviews, technical writing, and project management for multiple commercial and industrial energy efficiency projects and/or customers. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, demand management, green building and sustainability. The desired candidate will work collaboratively with the Advanced Energy team and clients to provide engineering support and implement market transforming programs that encourage energy efficiency across the Northeast.
The candidate will be presented with the challenge of a diverse range of projects found in commercial and industrial energy systems. There will be significant interface with clients that may require travel. The position requires the ability to manage projects, and lead, direct, and coordinate the work of team members (internal and external) of varied backgrounds. This position requires flexibility; diversity of technical expertise; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and excellent customer care skills. The candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project coordination and management for energy efficiency and demand management projects.
- Working on a variety of energy saving calculations, strategies and projects.
- Conducting project fieldwork, analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment.
- Performing energy engineering studies, including energy audits, feasibility studies, retro commissioning, and others.
- Utilize energy modeling applications and other simulation techniques to predict benefits from energy efficiency and demand management projects.
- Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency and demand management projects.
- Developing technical reports that summarize project scope, calculation methodologies, key assumptions, and recommendations.
- Keeping managers aware of project schedules and progress and providing regular time charging/budget updates as requested.
- Staying informed about energy issues and industry trends through regular technical reading and participation in local and national professional organizations.
- Assisting in the development and/or implementation of technical protocols, quality assurance procedures and technical requirements for energy efficiency programs.
- Communicating with contractors and program administrators regarding program requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Energy), Mathematics, Environmental Studies, or other technical degree.
- 1-3 years of experience within the green building, energy efficiency, energy auditing, building science, or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of building systems commissioning, HVAC design, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high-performance design.
- Experience in the energy field, such as energy efficiency, energy auditing. distributed energy generation/combined heat and power, project economics/rate analysis, project design, renewable energy, HVAC, central heating and cooling plants is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with energy saving strategies who have experience calculating the associated energy savings in HVAC, lighting systems, air compressors, motors, and other commercial, institutional, or industrial systems.
- Proficiency with Visual Basic and/or SQL is a plus.
- Experience with measurement and verification is a strong plus.
- CEM, CEA, CMVP or EIT accreditation is a plus.
- Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused.
Local Travel Required: Up to 50%
New Brunswick, NJ; New York, NY – Broadway; Clifton Park, NY