BETP is responsible for overseeing the Conservation and Load Management Plan, the Weatherization Assistance Program, the state's Lead by Example initiative, the development and implementation of transportation decarbonization policies and initiatives, the procurement of renewable and clean energy resources, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, the microgrid and resilience program, the development of energy and thermal decarbonization policies and initiatives for the state through the Integrated Resources Plan and Comprehensive Energy Strategy, and the provision of equitable access to broadband, among other responsibilities.
This is a new position that will report to BETP's Bureau Chief and Deputy Commissioner of Energy and Technology Policy. As the Director of Telecom and Broadband, you will:
- Develop broadband policy in collaboration with the Office of Policy and Management and other state agencies and entities.
- Develop and implement programs to leverage federal funding and other funding sources for equitable broadband deployment and access.
- Provide technical support to the legal team in appearances in proceedings before the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority in matters related to telecommunications, broadband, and infrastructure shared with other utilities, and in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission.
- Coordinate with other states' broadband offices.
- Coordinate with DEEP's energy and environment teams to deploy broadband in conjunction with other programs.
In this position, you will develop a diverse and dynamic team to leverage existing programs and incentives while identifying barriers and implementing solutions to those barriers. Strong work planning, project management, and personnel management skills are key to success. BETP is committed to an equitable and inclusive workplace representing the people it serves, and strongly encourages applicants from underrepresented groups to apply. https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP-BETP-Jobs