About DC Green Bank
DC Green Bank is a new independent agency, established by the Green Finance Authority Establishment Act of 2018 to leverage public capital to accelerate private sector investments that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance the District of Columbia’s ambitious sustainability and resiliency goals. Using limited public funding and bonding authority, DC Green Bank will attract private sector funding. Through its financing offerings, the organization will enable private capital to fill gaps by reducing real and perceived risk, absorbing transaction costs, and providing private investors the chance to learn about new market opportunities with the security of government partnership. An institutional goal is to accelerate the deployment of low-carbon technologies by mitigating upfront costs, leveraging private investment, and increasing the catalytic impact of public dollars.
DC Green Bank seeks a Director of Operations to help launch this cutting-edge, mission-driven organization. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the organization, including human resources and administrative programs. The Director will lead the development and implementation of internal systems and policies that support the DC Green Bank’s mission and ensure the organization’s long-term productivity and success. As a key member of the initial management team, the Director of Operations will play a critical role in shaping this high-impact organization in its early days and guiding it through the start-up phase.
- Manage the hiring process, including recruitment for openings and onboarding new staff.
- Establish efficient HR operations, including the development of the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Promote professional development opportunities and internal engagement programs.
- Monitor personal leave requests.
- Manage staff separations and resignations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal workforce requirements.
- Work with the CEO and senior leadership to develop a performance evaluation system.
- Assist DC Green Bank leadership with HR issues.
- Serve as staff resource on payroll and benefits, and liaise with external HR consultants.
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the organization.
- Build, scale and optimize systems that allow staff to work and communicate effectively.
- Secure an office space and oversee the office opening and maintenance.
- Procure and maintain office equipment/supplies.
- Work with the CEO and senior leadership team to build organization-wide workflows and address cross-departmental issues.
- Serve as primary contact for all operations-related vendors, and manage consultant work on operational and HR projects.
- Monitor the organization’s business insurance and licenses and manage bill payments.
- Work with the CEO to develop a comprehensive operating and program budget.
- As necessary, support the CEO in producing materials for Board meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has experience in operations, startups, and a background or interest in clean energy and/or climate finance. You love making things work and solving problems and you thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment. You are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. You work collaboratively and easily build relationships internally and externally. You are process-driven, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator. You are willing to take on additional roles to fill in the needs of the DC Green Bank. You are committed to tackling climate change issues at a local level for global impact and you will strive to bring an entrepreneurial and creative spirit to DC Green Bank.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years prior experience in operations, human resources or administrative support
- Attention to detail, organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to ask questions to clarify assignments
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
- Commitment to the mission of the DC Green Bank
- Status: Full-time
- Location: Remote during DC’s stay-at-home order; Washington, DC required when stay-at-home order is lifted
- Salary and Benefits commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should submit (1) a detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position, and (2) a CV/resume clearly outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization. Please list the position in the subject of the email.
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.