American Efficient, a Modern Energy subsidiary, partners with manufacturers, retailers, distributors, contractors, developers, installers, electric utilities and grid operators to develop and manage portfolios of energy efficiency resources (“EERs”) across the United States.
The energy system is approaching a tipping point where renewable and clean energy will re-invent the energy system — and American Efficient is on the frontlines shepherding this transition. We have an ambitious goal to have 10 gigawatts (yes, that’s gigawatts with a “G”) under management by 2025. If you care about impact, there’s no better place to have an outsized impact on climate change. American Efficient is bringing on a Director of New Business and Innovation to fully own an entirely new line of business in a highly complex environment.
As a leader on our team, you’ll create a long-term vision for the future of new products and sales, while designing a go-to-market strategy that expands new business models over the next 5+ years. You’ll also define our product and identify how to bundle and sell environmental assets in new market segments, and create accessible value propositions to help non-energy customers grasp what we’re selling. At the end of your first year, you’ll be able to point to at least two new partnerships that are fully operational.
What You’ll Do:
- Take the core of our business, platform, and partners and extend it to non-energy customers
- Define and codify our current product and create a go-to-market strategy
- Define a clear value proposition for new customer segments
- Figure out how to utilize our existing resources and assets to generate new revenue
- Establish and expand new partnerships with commercial manufacturers, distributors, and installers of commercial products to drive new EERs that will be added to the AE portfolio of managed assets
- Actively track and manage a pipeline of partnership opportunities and asset run rate in AE’s systems (e.g. - Salesforce, Cirrus, and Periscope)
- Collaborate with CEO, Head of R&D and General Counsel to establish optimal program agreement/contract structure(s) and strategies/tactics to maximize the value of AE program to partners while simultaneously managing market risk
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Passion for positively affecting climate change and experience in energy efficiency required
- Experience creating new revenue streams and viable business models from scratch
- You’re able to create new value out old products and define new markets to sell in
- A numeric, intellectual and nuanced brain that can process complex information and understand heavily regulated markets; experience working with energy capacity markets a plus
- Gravitas and creative, out-of-the-box sales skills; demonstrated ability to sell energy savings
- Well-developed lead generation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Salesforce (or comparable CRM) proficiency
- Intelligence, drive, passion, team player, a sense of humor, a track record of success
- Learn more about what we’re looking for HERE.
- Solid proposal development skills
- Polished presentation skills a must
How to Apply
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and interested in exploring investment leaders at all levels, from all backgrounds. A complete application requires that you do two things:
- Resume + Questions: Upload your resume and answer a few short questions.
- Video Cover Letter: In Lieu of a traditional cover letter, we invite you to submit a video cover letter. The video cover letter brings your application alive and introduces you to the team. Your video cover letter should be submitted within 3-5 days of your application.
This will be a full-time position including competitive salary, annual bonus structure, other short-term incentives, employer-subsidized health and dental insurance, and a 401k plan with employer match.
Location: We have a strong preference for candidates that are based in Durham, NC or the research triangle (or willing to relocate), as we have an active office culture under normal circumstances. Currently, all staff is working from home until we reopen our offices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage applicants from historically marginalized communities to apply.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com