Position at Franklin Energy
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
We provide a unique Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering - the most advanced platform for extending the traditional utility service (electricity, gas, water) to new and exciting services. With our SaaS, clients can automatically analyze customer homes/businesses to save money, extend into web retailing of appliances and contractor services, enable customer control of home equipment and IoT, and much more. We bring utility services into the 21st century!
The Developer is primarily responsible for helping meet the business needs of the company by collaborating with our software teams to build-out platforms. The incumbent has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry, and advanced technical aptitude in a multitude of technologies. The Developer works within a team environment. You will also be working with others who are passionate about grid optimization and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Collaborate with Lead Architect and Product Management teams to build out platforms
* Provide regular feedback and updates on the progress of current projects
* Write highly optimized engineer PHP code
* Utilize best practices with technologies such as Memcached to ensure fast processing in high load situations
Education and Experience
* 2+ years of experience of OO PHP development
* Ability to write and debug MySQL queries (change and create tables/ and efficiently access the database)
* Experience working within an MVC architecture
* Experience using version control systems (Subversion)
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong background in object-oriented PHP, MySQL, software engineering, design patterns, and Agile methodology
* Capable of problem solving and has superior communication skills.
* Knowledge of jQuery, CSS, and HTML is preferred
* Experience with Zend Framework is preferred
* Knowledge of using the Linux command-line is preferred
Licenses & Certifications
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
* Noise Level is typically moderate
* Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer