If interested please apply at https://bit.ly/2ZZMxkm
The Corporate Strategy Manager works closely with senior members of the organization on a variety of projects to advance NYPA’s strategic vision. Projects will focus on various areas of the energy value stream covering generation, transmission, distribution, and the customer.
Initiatives that the Corporate Strategy Manager will be involved in shaping, leading, and delivering include:
- Energy landscape change impact analysis on NYPA's business,
- The development of strategies to pursue new opportunities / mitigate risks in the marketplace.
- Projects that support the effective transformation of NYPA into a leading utility of the future.
The Corporate Strategy Manager is expected to be well-organized, exhibit a keen attention to detail, and display a passion for looking ways to optimize the process of gathering data, reporting, and recommending improvements where needed.
recommending improvements where needed.
- Manage on day-to-day basis successful strategy project execution by overseeing the development of business cases, work plans, primary and secondary research, and qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Craft storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights, and recommendations and communicate with leadership to move the organization to action.
- Potentially manage and mentor junior members of the team.
- Build and own relationships with key stakeholders by directing team towards consensus points & gaining buy-in.
- Managing the execution of individual projects. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting SVP of Strategy and Director Corporate Strategy in project delivery through accurate and high-quality project execution.
- Coordinate work of cross-departmental teams to ensure project objectives are achieved and timelines are met; conduct research, financial modeling, data gathering and analysis.
- Effectively communicate key project findings and recommendations to various audiences (e.g., senior NYPA staff, internal and external stakeholders, etc.) by creating and delivering presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interest or experience in energy/utilities, economic development, and/or public policy issues is strongly preferred
- Experience leading engagements across various business functions including Operations, IT, Finance, Procurement.
- Understanding of strategy, operations, and management across business functions in order to have a broad understanding of risk and compliance management.
- Strong quantitative skills (MS Excel) in financial modelling, business case development, etc. Must be able to identify and address data quality gaps, and ensure that data is utilized effectively.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills utilizing MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Ability to 'set up the problem', manage projects against tight timelines, and work well in teams
- Ability to look at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Business/Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science, Policy, or other related/applicable discipline)
- Minimum 4 years of experience, including 2 years of experience in management consulting or other similar strategic planning, in a demanding analytic environment.