DUNSKY is a mission-driven consulting firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance.
We are looking for someone who will play a key role in the evaluation of clean energy strategies and programs for our utility and government clients, as well as contribute to other projects related to clean energy opportunity assessment and strategy design.
Our team of 37 professionals (growing!) is made up of collaborative, curious people who care deeply about the future of the planet.
You share the common traits of our team (see above), and you offer:
Required skills & experience:
- A background in statistics or disciplines relevant to evaluation of clean energy programs and strategies
- 5-10 years of experience in evaluation work (ideally market-level process and impact evaluation) that is relevant to supporting the clean energy transition
- Knowledge of research techniques related to evaluation
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in undertaking cost-effectiveness analysis of energy efficiency and demand management programs
- Experience with market transformation evaluation, near-real-time evaluations and projects involving big data
- An ability to develop and structure analysis and interpret findings
- A strong aptitude for developing and structuring logical arguments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks/projects within established timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated project management experience and/or skills
- A strong ability to work with clients and build business relationships
- A collaborative approach and ability to work well in a team
- A clear interest in the energy transition underway
Preferred skills and experience:
- Consulting experience (or skills), that is to say an ability to understand client needs, ask the right questions, synthesize complex information and develop practical recommendations
- Proposal writing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in applying International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocols (IPMVP) for evaluating efficiency projects
- Knowledge of Python
- Ability to work in French, including strong French writing skills
- A CMVP certification
At Dunsky, our Consultants have the following responsibilities:
• Advise our clients in Canada and the United States on effective strategies to accelerate the energy transition
In collaboration with more than 30 expert colleagues in the field, you will carry out studies and plans for governments (municipal, provincial and federal), utilities and non-profit organizations with decision-making power and/or influence to move the transition forward in an efficient and responsible manner.
You will provide evaluation services to our clients by undertaking evaluation planning, baseline studies, process and impact evaluations, performance benchmarking and strategic reviews.
• Develop evaluation methodology and interpret results
You will recommend appropriate evaluation approaches, with supporting rationale, and design detailed evaluation methodology, including but not limited to, sampling design, data collection approach and design, and attribution analysis approach. You will also manage the implementation of the evaluation methodology and interpretation of results, including impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, attribution analysis, market effects, and process improvements.
• Contribute to all stages of a project
You will participate in projects from start to finish: from the design of the methodology, to the research necessary to answer the client's question, to the analysis and interpretation of the data (mainly quantitative), to the writing of reports outlining the results in a structured, efficient and tailored way.
• Manage complete projects or tasks within projects
A significant level of autonomy is given to Consultants in the performance of their duties. They often manage their projects and are therefore responsible for managing client relations. They also support our Senior Consultants in the execution of larger projects. Our evaluation services include a wide variety of project types ranging from one-off program evaluations to multi-year portfolio evaluations.
• Share your expertise and play an important role in business development
As an evaluation expert, you will be asked to maintain and demonstrate, both internally and externally, thought leadership in your field. You will also contribute to business development efforts, particularly for our evaluation services, which will include writing proposals and presenting projects at industry conferences.
Join a firm that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our approach is driven by a deep respect for both our team and the planet.
Be part of the clean energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of clean energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan contribution, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, an employee and family assistance program, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
Depending on the evolution of COVID-19, the successful candidate will work from our Montreal or Toronto office or from his/her home. Other locations in Canada may be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to complete our application form and attach their C.V., cover letter and relevant writing samples (in English, and French if possible). In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.