About the job
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
The world-renowned R&D teams at Xerox PARC have been developing new technologies designed to address many of the most complex and hard-to-solve challenges in the Cleantech sector. The Product Reliability Engineer for Cleantech is a newly created role that will work closely with the VP and Head of the Cleantech Business Unit and the R&D team at PARC to bridge novel technologies into productization in Xerox’s new Cleantech Business.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation for Cleantech solutions and be a part of creating and launching cutting edge technology.
- Lead the assessment of product and component reliability risks and prioritization of reliability testing and mitigation
- Develop new reliability tests procedures and specifications
- Designing validation plans and overseeing tests to address product reliability and robustness
- Statistical data analysis to provide risk assessments of a design
- Coordinating with different design groups to address changes affecting multiple aspects of a system
- Summarizing and presenting findings to promote changes to design and/or process workflow
- Participate in Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or directly adjacent field of study
- Experience performing reliability testing including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
- Ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- Knowledge of industry test Standards (ASTM, IEEE)
- Solid understanding of mechanical assemblies
- Application of DOE (design of Experiments)
- Application of FMEA (Failure Modes an Effects Analysis)
- Strong critical thinking skills: ability to deep dive into cause-effect and complex diagnostics
- Demonstrated history of analyzing, and troubleshooting fluid/thermal systems
- Structured problem solving skills leveraging inputs such as functional documentation (P&ID diagrams, mechanical drawings, component documentation)
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.