About the job
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
The world-renowned R&D teams at Xerox PARC have been developing new technologies designed to address many of the most complex and hard-to-solve challenges in the Cleantech sector. The Refrigeration Design Engineer for Cleantech is a newly created role that will work closely with the VP and Head of the Cleantech Business Unit and the R&D team at PARC to bridge novel technologies into productization in Xerox’s new Cleantech Business.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation for Cleantech solutions and be a part of creating and launching cutting edge technology.
- Lead the design and implementation of new refrigeration system for a novel HVAC product, including system modelling, component specification and selection, and build/test
- Designing validation plans and overseeing tests to address performance, reliability, and robustness
- Detailed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues or poor system performance and implementing robust corrective actions
- Coordinating with different design groups to address changes affecting multiple aspects of a system
- Summarizing and presenting findings to promote changes to design and/or process workflow
- Documenting system architecture and function
- Provide leadership in understanding of industry standards and specifications with regard to conformance, codes, methods and performance related tests
- Guide development refrigerator laboratory infrastructure and equipment
- Participate in Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or directly adjacent field of study
- >2 years experience in working with refrigeration system design
- Strong critical thinking skills: ability to deep dive into cause-effect and complex diagnostics
- Demonstrated history of analyzing, and troubleshooting fluid/thermal systems
- Structured problem solving skills leveraging inputs such as functional documentation (P&ID diagrams, mechanical drawings, flow diagrams)
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.