About the job
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
The world-renowned R&D teams at Xerox PARC have been developing new technologies designed to address many of the most complex and hard-to-solve challenges in the Cleantech sector. The Engineering Technician for Cleantech is a newly created role that will work closely with the R&D team at PARC to bridge novel thermal-fluids systems technologies into productization in Xerox’s new Cleantech Business.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation for Cleantech solutions and be a part of creating and launching cutting edge technology.
- Executing test plans on fluid/thermal and electrochemical systems and subsystems to address performance, reliability, and robustness
- Assistance with building test rigs and data acquisition systems to evaluate performance and reliability of various fluid/thermal/electrochemical components and systems
- Offering operational insight into systems that are not working correctly
- Recording results meticulously in shared electronic files (likely automated)
- Documenting test procedures and experimental results
- >5 years experience in working with complex fluid/thermal systems
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly over email or in person
- Demonstrated history of testing, analyzing, and troubleshooting fluid/thermal systems
- Experienced in instrumentation and data acquisition systems, as well as various forms of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.