DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV – Energy Systems' Program Development & Implementation (PDI) team is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to join our rapidly growing New Jersey team. The successful candidate will provide analytical support for our utility-led energy efficiency incentive programs by collecting, analyzing, and reporting program data. This role will also serve as the program’s point of contact with IT Teams to manage, improve and test program databases.
This position is based out of our Newark, New Jersey office.
Tasks May Include
- Compile and analyze program and project level data such as energy savings, incentives and application status
- Responsibility to perform quality control on program databases
- Develop dashboards and spreadsheets with accompanying detailed data dictionaries for internal, client, and regulatory submissions
- Identify and create specifications for database improvements
- Develop reports, processes, graphs, and dashboards to track key program performance metrics, including forecasting energy savings, tracking budgets and client invoices
- Develop, streamline, document and automate energy efficiency program processes
- Support critical analysis of program data to identify operational and data anomalies and exceptions
- Quickly translate data into internal, client, and management presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in analytic discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience compiling and analyzing data and producing data-intensive reports
- Ability to translate business needs and provide recommendations based on data visualization and data analysis
- A proven and demonstrable grasp of data analysis tools such as Power BI, Oracle, SQL Server or equivalent data visualization tools
- High degree of proficiency with Excel including of Pivot Tables, Data Management Tools, and advanced formulas and functions
- Positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Minimum 1 year of energy efficiency experience
- Prior experience in market research inclusive of market analysis, market assessment, and market segmentation
- Proficiency and understanding of financial evaluation models including NPV, ROI, IRR, and net payback
- Familiarity and experience with data reconciliation applications (e.g. month-end accounting reconciliations, accruals, inventory reconciliations, etc.)
- Prior project experience on developing IT business requirements and/or participating in complex database management system projects. Experience with JIRA is desired
- Prior project experience on data mining and/or analytics initiatives
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
“The recruitment process for this position will be completed in partnership with the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. Applications and resumes submitted for this position may be shared with third parties participating in the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. By submitting your application, you are giving DNV consent to share your application and resume (and all personal information contained therein) with the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. You may opt out of this process at any time, but please be advised that doing so may impact your candidacy for the position.”
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com