ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC is seeking an associate to join its growing market engagement team that focuses on supporting the organization’s efforts across all sectors and financial products and programs. A qualified candidate will support the organization’s communication, relationship management, and marketing services.
- Managing the organizations communication efforts via social media and email communication platform and other public relations approaches.
- Support the development of and help execute, outreach strategies and work plans for engaging channel partners via community-based marketing approaches to reach traditionally underserved markets.
- Develop relationships with channel partners and other community stakeholders
- Assist in developing IPC’s marketing and business development approaches, focused on developing and utilizing partner channels to promote the organization’s programs and efforts.
- Assist in marketing efforts of IPC programs with partners to gain program support and increase outreach efforts, with a broad set of stakeholders in focus markets.
- Other duties as necessary.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a growing, mission-oriented organization. Successful candidates will be expected to apply an “all hands” approach.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience in project management, community based marketing or marketing in a field related to financial services or clean energy. Experience in community engagement and organizing preferred. A Master’s degree or professional certificate can be used to substitute one (1) year of professional experience.
IPC is seeking candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Knowledge of marketing strategies including channel marketing, community-based marketing, online and traditional marketing, market segmentation/database marketing, and earned media.
- Well-developed relationship management skills for engagement with contractors, lenders, and partners – internally and externally
- Experience working with and for traditionally underserved communities including communities of color, low to moderate income, faith-based institutions, and destressed communities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications to advance IPC’s clean energy deployment
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce desired, but not required Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, team environment.
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, team environment.
- Reports directly to the Senior Manager of Market Engagement and may eventually oversee one junior staff member
- Can be remote or based in IPC’s Rocky Hill, CT or New York City offices
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Benefits includes health insurance covering medical, dental and vision; 401K; and tuition reimbursement